Monday, September 8, 2008

one week!

Exactly one week til I leave and since I'm new to blogging I thought I'd practice before I'm in a foreign country with weird keyboards.

Things I need to do to get ready:
-learn Spanish
-make a hostel/hotel reservation for the first night
-copy all my important documents
-shop for first aid supplies/random gear
-try to pack
-transfer all my money to my new bank account (cheaper ATM fees)
-buy traveler's checks
-make an itinerary/contact sheet for the rents
-find things to keep myself entertained for 24+ hours of planes/airports
-figure out how to use my global cell phone

Days left with long hair: 2

Wish list:
-Rubik's cube
-ideal travel pants

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I randomly stumbled across your page, I am going to Thailand this summer. I am trying to find out more about opening a new bank account and getting cell phones for international use. I am wondering what companies you bought your phone through, and got the bank account?