Tuesday, February 17, 2009

pictures?


Well I had a big plan to upload a ton of Taj pictures, etc but the computer doesn't seem to be reading my camera.. so instead here
are a couple that I got in an email from an Indian family that asked to take pictures, then chatted for a bit and invited me to their home in Delhi! I told them I wouldn't be there again until May but maybe they'll still remember me..




These are taken on the actually mausoleum (sp?) building, you can see some of the amazing carvings and inlay work in the marble. I guess I didn't say much about the Taj before, because what is there to say that hasn't been said? I got there close to when it opened (despite getting up before sunrise I was thwarted by huge lines) and hung around for a few hours, watching the light change and the marble sparkle, walking all around the mausoleum and the mosques (well, on one side is a mosque and on the other side is a replica to make it symmetrical) and of course posing for everyone's vacation pictures. I looked so scrubby I don't even know.. but whatever, happy to oblige I guess.

Bhopal is fab so far, kind of organic farming pt. 2 but kind of not.. I'm off to work now but will try to post more details later. xoxo

No comments: