Monday, December 15, 2008

last night..

..is way too much to process good thing I have a whole day in the Toronto airport. Here is what I know, it has been very hot and humid for the last three days in Lima and there are palm trees everywhere and beaches and apparently it snowed in Seattle.
Ummm last week in Cusco I got really overwhelmed by people trying to sell me thigns everywhere I went but still made it to a couple more museums I think and up to the Christo Blanco & Sacsayhuama Inca fortress on top of the hill.. various family dinners with the other volunters, bought too many pirated dvds and un monton de regalos. At the Yanapay school I ended up on my own with a class of 5ish 8 year olds trying to prepare an altar to explain the Islamic festival Eid Al Adha to the rest of the school, the kids got most excitd when they tried to act out Abraham sacrificing his son who was then changed into an animal by an angel at the last minute. Also we attempted to make a Christmas tree out of plastic bottles and paper mache and I stabbed myself with scissors.
My experience in Lima can be summed up as adventures in public transportation, starting with the trip into the city from the airport I´ve been trying to take collectivos everywhere and only occaisonally getting lost. I also went on a boat on a strange colored Pacific Ocean. I went to this church with catacombs where the bones were all weirdly sorted by body part, and also the place where the Inquisition was based in Lima that had semidisturbing models of people being totured and some legit dungeon ruins. Also Chinatown which was weirdly full of shops selling Christmas decorations, and these ruins outside the city in the middle of the desert that were started by the Lima culture to worship a wooden idol and added onto by successive civilizations up to the Incas, who built a big sun temple in the middle of the desert. What else the two different corners of the city with beaches, La Punta and Miraflores, I finally tried Ceviche, I still ahven´t been robbed so hopefully the next.. 5 hours until my flight will go okay KNOCK ON COMPUTER DESK

No comments: